A hub where you (our hosts) can find everything you need for National Day of Volunteer Youth Ministry Training!
If you can’t find what you need on this page, our team will be on-call on September 21st! Email us at [email protected] (we will respond to your email in 5 min. or less) or call (949) 888-4408 x1326 if you need us!
HOST EVENT DETAILS
- Print registration list off http://hosts.trainmyvolunteers.com/ to use for Check-in
- WALK-INS: Have a laptop or 2 for walk-ins, they can register at our site link: trainmyvolunteers.com for $149. Do not collect cash.
- Participants were instructed to bring 1 copy of their confirmation email to Check-in for their group. Collect these at Check-in and mark them off your list (there is no need to check anyone in online).
- Remember to take pictures (and even video!) of your host site in action. We’d love for you to both post and send us what you capture. Post your pictures and videos on social media using #DYMtrain. Then, please gift us with your photos by adding them HERE.
- The DYM team will handle follow-up with attendees after NDOVYMT. Attendees will receive a note from Josh and Doug and tips for personal application to go through with their team, as well as information for additional volunteer training.
- Feel free to shoot your site attendees an email (you’ll have their info) the week after the event personally thanking them for attending your host site and invite them back for next year if you plan to host!
- September, 19, 2020
- Check http://hosts.trainmyvolunteers.com/ for your latest registration list. Don’t have your Event ID? Check HERE.
- Reach out to your attendees to introduce yourself and give them specific host site info (there’s an example on our Host Facebook page that was posted on 9/11 that might inspire you).
- Download the complete training video. NOTE: there are two parts—(1) a 16 min. video to start at 8:44, and (2) the main video.
- Watch the training videos from start to finish (follow along with the schedule).
- Finalize room set-up details (make sure you have enough seats, pens, etc.)
- Make sure you have a plan for clear signage outside and inside your building.
- Test the videos in the room where everyone will be on Saturday and on the computer/program you’re planning on using the day-of.*
- Print attendee worksheets.